Oreilly Auto Parts - O'Reily fake military discount.

74 of 409 Oreilly Auto Parts reviews

They store had a big sign in their window stating Military Discount.I went to buy some antifreeze from a shelf containing many varieties.

I choose the one I wanted which was priced comparably to other auto part stores. The price was clearly marked on the shelf. There were no Sale price as marked or anything that would make me think the price was a sale price. Corporate said their regular discount from List price is better than the marked price so they only state a military discount on the receipt.

They are using our military as a scam to make others think they are doing the right thing.Any military person will ask you NOT to shop at O'Reily AUTO PARTS they are an embarrassment to other establishments that offer a 10% discount to military.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Abusing the armed forces with cons
    • Coniving management

Reason of review:
misleading advertising
Preferred solution:
Stop advertising fake military discounts
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Antifreeze
Review category
Equipment
review #650893 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Oreilly Auto Parts? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
74 of 409 Oreilly Auto Parts reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 23, 2015 #1023520

*** - The idiots behind the counter didnt apply the dicount cause they didnt know where to find it. The store I run I give military discounts and sometimes even add more of a discount. Did you go back and complain? Did you contact the corporate? Probably not? Did you even say anything? Probably Not.

0 1 Reply
Harold Buchanan

Aug 23, 2015 #1023556 Chino, California, United States

wELL, i MUST HAVE SAID SOMETHING OR HOW WOULD i KNOW WHAT YOUR CORPORATE OFFICE SAID WHEN i CALLED THEM.
I asked the store manager about the discount and he told me it was automatically applied. I asked him to show me where it was applied and he showed me the top of the receipt which stated military discount applied. When I asked him to show me where it was applied on the invoice he just said it has been applied and told me to call corporate if i didn't like it. I told him to refund me the money and went somewhere else to buy my stuff.
The sign on the door didn't mention any exclusions. I guess they must do things differently where you are. But I don't have to be from Missouri to see the truth! O'RIELLY AUTO PARTS SUCK!

1 0 Reply

Jul 24, 2015 #1011323

The discount doesnt apply to antifreeze oil or sale items as stated on the signs advertising the discount.

Jul 11, 2015 #1006205

To be quite honest the "List Price" is what indicated on the receipt for our competitors and "auto shops" could sell the item for. The military discount is a 2-8% mark off of the "net price"
I used to work for them. It's a *** discount that doesn't have to be offered, but is, so be grateful for that.

Harold

Jul 14, 2015 #1007364

Your are full of yourself if I or anyone should be grateful that a company uses our goodwill towards the military as a cheating scam!
You can't even use your name what a snake!

1 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Oreilly Auto Parts. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Oreilly Auto Parts.
Filing a new complaint about
×