11.2K views

Bought an Alternator for my old GEO, and returned the core. They had to put the credit back on my Debit card....OK.

Took the car out of town the next day, was goin to use the core credit for gas for the trip.

100 miles away, i find out they have'nt posted the credit, and there is no credit pending...OK, i got cash, and another card. Came back to town Monday, and called about my core credit...was told by the counter guy at O'reilly's "maybe today", OK....USUALLY I GET AT LEAST A "PENDING" CREDIT ON MY CARD...

I HAVE"NT HAD THIS PROBLEM FROM ANY OF THEIR COMPETITORS....so guess where i'm buying my parts from now on...(HINT, IT AIN'T FREAKIN O'REILLY'S)

Comments

#1491919

Sometimes refunds take 5-10 business days.

Went to store yesterday to refund Cvt transmission oil cost 71$ and haven’t received nothing nor a pending in my bank account ??? How long does it take to receive my money back?.

its been 7 days....still waiting on that credit refund to my Chase debit

I am on day 3 of the regular week and still nothing even pending in my account. This is frustrating and enough of a hassle for people like me on a right budget that need that $125 back within the day, not 5 days later. If I knew about this I would have gone elsewhere.

Same thing is happening to me right now. I need that money to get the correct part and it has not been put back in my account.

Riverside, California, United States #1319486

So I bought a new battery for my Ford Focus on Friday I paid for it with my debit card. The guys at Oreilly couldn't put in the new battery without having to take my car completely apart.

So I just said forget it and I returned the battery. It's now Sunday and it still says processed in my bank account for the battery I returned on Friday. It's not pending or anything. I've never had a problem like this with any other stores.

I have chase and usually when I get refunded it's either still pending or it's marked blue but nope it's red and it's been processed. I want my *** money back!

Santa Ana, California, United States #1223223

So how long did it take?

Same thing happened to me today

OreillyTeamMember

It takes up to 72 hours for the store's system to refund the credit to your account. It may take an addition 7-10 business days for your card issuer to reflect the return

to OreillyTeamMember #1354359

That's hilarious... being you take the debit from my account instantly..

but you can't give it back instantly... another lost customer due to something as petty as $75.

Because now I don't trust you guys with anything... especially something major!

to Sean #1375207

Lol up to 72 hrs and then however long your bank wants to take to process is how it works for any company

to OreillyTeamMember #1384831

Yeah this is *** and this member has no idea how money is transferred. Banks don't hold people's money, companies do.

Walmart returns, instant.

Target returns, instant. Oreilly returns - who *** knows

to OreillyTeamMember #1436655

No the card issuer has nothing to do with it, I've already spoke with them. This is a major problem with Oreilly from what my bank has told me.

You guys lie you are quick to take our money but don't get in a hurry to give back people's hard earned money.And why can't you give cash back like most of all the other auto parts stores. I've used Oriellus for 15 years and it stops here.

This is the fourth time you guys have done this to me. Stop putting off our money and trying to blame our banks.

So did you get your money?

It does not matter if you use debit. I just returned somthing an it wasn't given back as cash.

It was a $400 return. It will take up to 72 hours they said. They put it back on my card an hasn't showed up yet.

So, I called my bank an nothing is pending. It's Orileys not the bank.

Germantown, Maryland, United States #649151

Generally, it will take 5-7 business days to go back to your account whether it is debit or credit. And from your posting, it sounds like you were out of town over the weekend.

Those business days don't include weekends or holidays. So if it was done on Thursday, it should be back in your account by the minimum of the following Thursday.

Pretty dumb to blame someone else for someone else's doing. Then you blame the wrong person and refuse them business, when in fact they did everything correct.

#519293

Banks hold money to gain interest. O'Reilly's does give credit back right away it is the bank that holds it.

I have had O'Reilly prove this too me by faxing and showing me on the screen that the money was transfe red at the time of the return. After talking to my bank they admitted they do hold it (and can by law) for a set amount of days so they can get their money .

Because they beg for your money coming in, but try to forget ya when there is a return...it is a major training issue and a major problem at O O..OREILLY they don't even know what their policies are because they differ from one manager to another..( some get fired for following policy while others don't care what the policy even is, but they still work there)alot of confusion even as an employee !! AS LONG AS YOU STEAL A CUSTOMERS HARD WORKED DOLLAR YOU CAN STILL WORK THERE and the T.M.

makes a commssion off of you for your purchases, everything is A OK..Mr.Customer TRUST US!!! WERE HERE FOR YOU

Exactly what they said above. It is not OReilleys fault.

Also had you run your Debit card as a debit card and entered in your PIN it would have been returned as cash but when you run it as credit it has to go back on the card. Might want to keep that bit of information handy for future purchases.

to KR New Haven, Missouri, United States #878871

I ran my debit card as a debit with the PIN and they did NOT return it as cash! They are refunding it to my account and who the *** knows how long that will take.