35K views

I bought a battery an 18 months later it was dead. I received no new battery and no prorated discount on a new one, even after the battery tested bad at the store.

Lessons learned, 1. Don't buy Super start batteries at O'Rielly. 2. Don't buy Marine Batteries, when they make bad batteries at the factory instead of stamping reject on them they stamp Marine or Economy on them instead.

3. Once you get pissed off about being screwed at O'Rielly pretty much all you can do about it is *** at the store and then come home and write a bad review on this website.

Then you can find another 100 bucks and go to walmart to buy another battery. 3 lessons learned the hard way.

Comments

I have same issues, don’t buy this battery. 4 months and battery get bad, hard time with warranty, don’t buy.... crapppp

My son also bought the super start battery for his car and 7 months later it's completely dead and they won't replace it. They also had the nerve to tell us they don't even sell that brand of battery. My suggestion is don't buy a battery at any of there stores because when your battery dies out your going to have to spend another $120 on a new one!

If you bought a marine battery or an economy battery it's only a 12 month warranty, you had yours for 18mo. Yes it is your loss for trying to get the company to give you a new battery for free!!!

I work at O'Reilly Auto Parts for years we ALWAYS replace a bad battery under warranty unless you someway damaged the battery in some way where the warranty is void!

Don't waste your time buying a Super Start battery from O'Reilly's you can get a better battery a lot cheaper

All these people saying Oreilly batteries are bad and go to walmart if you want a good one...FUNNY thing is both of them get the batteries from the same supplier!! Just different label on them!!

And also most of you I can guarentee you have something causing that battery to drain after only 2 or 3 months of use! You just have to have a company to blame

Had my Super Start Premium go bad after 9 months. I popped the caps and it was completely dry.

Fluid level is my responsibility, but O'Rilley warrentied it anyway, which was great. While installing the replacement, I popped the caps out of curiosity. Acid level was very low!

The tops of all the cells were dry. Unbelievable.

to Dean #1572149

Super start premium batteries are maintenance free. So if it dies due to low fluid that's on the warranty unless the warranty has ended.

The Super Start Premium battery installed in my daily driver Ford F-150 failed just two months shy of 9 trouble free years of service.

So true! Went thru this last the other day.

At least Wal-Mart stand behind their batteries unlike these jerks.

Between all of us in my immediate family, we spend tons of money with this company...no more. All our supplies will be purchased elsewhere.

Yes, I see that O'reilly only has a year warranty.There is another warranty from the battery manufacturer, which should cover/help with the replacement?https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/economy-4992/battery-accessories-16452/battery---automotive-16864/battery-12836/aa237490c00e/super-start-economy-group-size-26r-top-post-battery/26reco/4742447/2009/nissan/altima?pos=2#compare=4742447&compare=4742682They have this blurb listed under the battery spec/feature on the O'Reilly webpage (link above)Super Start offers proven technology, improved starting reliability, and extended service life to provide unmatched performance for today's vehicles. And, with a nationwide warranty and free replacement (up to 3 years depending on product type), you can rest assured that your Super Start battery will keep you on the road.See if you can follow up w/ the manufacturer directly.

There website has the warranty information here: https://superstart.com.au/warranty-guidePlease post any updates, I hope this info helps! I'm looking for a car battery, and I'm very interested in the outcome/if you can make any traction by going straight to the manufacturer.

Back in the day, when a warranty expired real customers understood the warranty expired. Some that do not understand have to walk out that under standing to get it.

May bring better days ahead, a new dawn may appear. Best wishes my friend.

Got two battery from them in 3 months this is unbelievable both super start battery I bought were shity one of them just stoped working in the middle of highway.... don't buy it

to Anonymous #1476044

Why did you stop on the highway.

to Anonymous #1532925

Same here 2 months. Later it died

to Anonymous #1534795

Batteries are no good believe me. Same thing happened to me.

I will never go there again . They kept telling me was my alternator I took it to the shop and the mechanic told me “No”it’s the battery

I just bought a super start agm from O' Reilly and it lasted 4 months. I didn't even test to see if it was a bad battery as I tried to charge it and it would not hold a charge.

I was always skeptical of using those batteries so I said screw it and went to Harley Davidson and just bought one of their agm batteries. Put it in the bike, boom, first time fired right now. Needless to say, don't buy their batteries or any automotive batteries from their store unless it's an optima (for car truck and marine applications) and definitely loom into the best battery that is offered for your make and model. Lesson learned here.

Use a battery tender weekly, don't settle for 6 month warranty batteries and definitely do NOT let those salesmen screw you into one of their batteries.

That also goes for Advance Auto Parts and Auto Zone batteries. Garbage is what they are and I'm extremely dissapointed.

DONT buy no *** Batteries from oreilllys I bought two commercial batteries from them less then a year and they went *** bad los the receipt and they couldn’t do nothing about they *** suck

Augusta, Georgia, United States #1346407

My super start battery was still under warranty when it stopped holding a charge. Couldn't find the receipt so i got nothing as far as the warranty is concerned.

You would think they would honor they warranty as long as it's the manufacture date and length of warranty is clearly marked on the battery. Ironically a sign on the door says we support our military, but apparently not military customers!

i got 2 battery's from there,. both went out, about 4 months later,.

go to napa, if u want a ok, or good battery's, that are made in the u's'a,. all O'Rielly, want is yours money,.

napa auto zone & Advanced auto, are good parts,. sold by nice forks,.