27K views

I bought a battery an 18 months later it was dead.I received no new battery and no prorated discount on a new one, even after the battery tested bad at the store.

Lessons learned, 1. Don't buy Super start batteries at O'Rielly. 2. Don't buy Marine Batteries, when they make bad batteries at the factory instead of stamping reject on them they stamp Marine or Economy on them instead.

3. Once you get pissed off about being screwed at O'Rielly pretty much all you can do about it is *** at the store and then come home and write a bad review on this website.

Then you can find another 100 bucks and go to walmart to buy another battery.3 lessons learned the hard way.

Had an Experience with Oreilly Auto Parts?

Comments

Augusta, Georgia, United States #1346407

My super start battery was still under warranty when it stopped holding a charge.Couldn't find the receipt so i got nothing as far as the warranty is concerned.

You would think they would honor they warranty as long as it's the manufacture date and length of warranty is clearly marked on the battery.Ironically a sign on the door says we support our military, but apparently not military customers!

i got 2 battery's from there,.both went out, about 4 months later,.

go to napa, if u want a ok, or good battery's, that are made in the u's'a,. all O'Rielly, want is yours money,.

napa auto zone & Advanced auto, are good parts,.sold by nice forks,.

Adairsville, Georgia, United States #1314420

I got a double whammy....bought the POS then after six months had to pay a pro rate on another after it failed , then after little use of the 2nd POS , It died also and they want to charge me full amount now since it is over warranty of twelve months. When the first was an 18 month warranty if I recall correctly. I am a business (20yrs) that has bought a lot of parts over the years from O'reilly, but that will change if they do not invest in making this right...

Los Angeles, California, United States #1285306

exxactl y my xperience with oreilly marine

You do realize if your alternator is the cause of your initial battery problems it'll just toast your new battery (I.e.your super start) due to improper charging output from the alternator?

In that case it isn't covered by warranty.

Factory defects almost always show within less than a year of purchase/use and if it failed afterwards it's generally user error bub.Bad alternator = bad battery in the future.

Daphne, Alabama, United States #1278190

I too purchased a Super start premium battery for my ford focus. It lasted only two years. I would not recommend these batteries at all.

Miamisburg, Ohio, United States #1266693

Got a new battery 3/29/16. Had to hook it up to my other car because the *** thing was dead already. Do not get a *** thing from O'reilly.

Lol omg!I too purchased supper start battery from o riely less then two years ago and i find my self scrlling the web trying to determind if this is the "norm".

Then i find this "humorous" review that seemed to have been written with the same attitude I'm currently carrying....and about to go home and scrounge up another hundred dollars .Had battery lasted its average life span id not have to put a battery in car 2 times ....especially when cars value itself is 650!

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #1215216

Never by anything from orileys.

They will not warrenty anything period.

Rude employees don't want to wait on you if you have a product you bought from them.

As soonas they see you come in the door with a part you bought from their

Want A be sales person almost turn and run.

Auto zone & Advanced auto are real nice folks and really help you.

#1198272

Same here batterey conviniently died a month after the warranty expired this is upright thievery. I callef and true to form responses are dismissive there's nothing we can do unless you would like to buy another one. Pathetic.