32.5K views

I bought a battery an 18 months later it was dead. I received no new battery and no prorated discount on a new one, even after the battery tested bad at the store.

Lessons learned, 1. Don't buy Super start batteries at O'Rielly. 2. Don't buy Marine Batteries, when they make bad batteries at the factory instead of stamping reject on them they stamp Marine or Economy on them instead.

3. Once you get pissed off about being screwed at O'Rielly pretty much all you can do about it is *** at the store and then come home and write a bad review on this website.

Then you can find another 100 bucks and go to walmart to buy another battery. 3 lessons learned the hard way.

Comments

Had my Super Start Premium go bad after 9 months. I popped the caps and it was completely dry.

Fluid level is my responsibility, but O'Rilley warrentied it anyway, which was great. While installing the replacement, I popped the caps out of curiosity. Acid level was very low!

The tops of all the cells were dry. Unbelievable.

The Super Start Premium battery installed in my daily driver Ford F-150 failed just two months shy of 9 trouble free years of service.

So true! Went thru this last the other day.

At least Wal-Mart stand behind their batteries unlike these jerks.

Between all of us in my immediate family, we spend tons of money with this company...no more. All our supplies will be purchased elsewhere.

Yes, I see that O'reilly only has a year warranty.There is another warranty from the battery manufacturer, which should cover/help with the replacement?https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/economy-4992/battery-accessories-16452/battery---automotive-16864/battery-12836/aa237490c00e/super-start-economy-group-size-26r-top-post-battery/26reco/4742447/2009/nissan/altima?pos=2#compare=4742447&compare=4742682They have this blurb listed under the battery spec/feature on the O'Reilly webpage (link above)Super Start offers proven technology, improved starting reliability, and extended service life to provide unmatched performance for today's vehicles. And, with a nationwide warranty and free replacement (up to 3 years depending on product type), you can rest assured that your Super Start battery will keep you on the road.See if you can follow up w/ the manufacturer directly.

There website has the warranty information here: https://superstart.com.au/warranty-guidePlease post any updates, I hope this info helps! I'm looking for a car battery, and I'm very interested in the outcome/if you can make any traction by going straight to the manufacturer.

Back in the day, when a warranty expired real customers understood the warranty expired. Some that do not understand have to walk out that under standing to get it.

May bring better days ahead, a new dawn may appear. Best wishes my friend.

Got two battery from them in 3 months this is unbelievable both super start battery I bought were shity one of them just stoped working in the middle of highway.... don't buy it

to Anonymous #1476044

Why did you stop on the highway.

I just bought a super start agm from O' Reilly and it lasted 4 months. I didn't even test to see if it was a bad battery as I tried to charge it and it would not hold a charge.

I was always skeptical of using those batteries so I said screw it and went to Harley Davidson and just bought one of their agm batteries. Put it in the bike, boom, first time fired right now. Needless to say, don't buy their batteries or any automotive batteries from their store unless it's an optima (for car truck and marine applications) and definitely loom into the best battery that is offered for your make and model. Lesson learned here.

Use a battery tender weekly, don't settle for 6 month warranty batteries and definitely do NOT let those salesmen screw you into one of their batteries.

That also goes for Advance Auto Parts and Auto Zone batteries. Garbage is what they are and I'm extremely dissapointed.

DONT buy no *** Batteries from oreilllys I bought two commercial batteries from them less then a year and they went *** bad los the receipt and they couldn’t do nothing about they *** suck

Augusta, Georgia, United States #1346407

My super start battery was still under warranty when it stopped holding a charge. Couldn't find the receipt so i got nothing as far as the warranty is concerned.

You would think they would honor they warranty as long as it's the manufacture date and length of warranty is clearly marked on the battery. Ironically a sign on the door says we support our military, but apparently not military customers!

i got 2 battery's from there,. both went out, about 4 months later,.

go to napa, if u want a ok, or good battery's, that are made in the u's'a,. all O'Rielly, want is yours money,.

napa auto zone & Advanced auto, are good parts,. sold by nice forks,.

Adairsville, Georgia, United States #1314420

I got a double whammy....bought the POS then after six months had to pay a pro rate on another after it failed , then after little use of the 2nd POS , It died also and they want to charge me full amount now since it is over warranty of twelve months. When the first was an 18 month warranty if I recall correctly. I am a business (20yrs) that has bought a lot of parts over the years from O'reilly, but that will change if they do not invest in making this right...

Los Angeles, California, United States #1285306

exxactl y my xperience with oreilly marine

You do realize if your alternator is the cause of your initial battery problems it'll just toast your new battery (I.e. your super start) due to improper charging output from the alternator?

In that case it isn't covered by warranty.

Factory defects almost always show within less than a year of purchase/use and if it failed afterwards it's generally user error bub. Bad alternator = bad battery in the future.

Daphne, Alabama, United States #1278190

I too purchased a Super start premium battery for my ford focus. It lasted only two years. I would not recommend these batteries at all.

to Anonymous #1414535

Same here! A few days ago, my car wouldn't start without charging the battery first to get at least a crank to start.

By the time I had to replace this battery was after two years after the original car owner put the battery in before selling to me. Upon buying the new battery I saw the huge difference in what this battery failed with. Cca less than 600. CA also less than 600.

My car also had acceleration problems, mainly because if the battery is getting weak the alternator has to work more to compensate that weak battery.

Now that this battery is gone the new battery has 800 CCA at 0 deg F, and 960 CA at 32 deg F. That is power to the wheels and all other components in my 90's camry.

to Joe #1445035

Hahaha omg this idiot really thinks more cold cranking amps help his POS car run better hahahaha

Miamisburg, Ohio, United States #1266693

Got a new battery 3/29/16. Had to hook it up to my other car because the *** thing was dead already. Do not get a *** thing from O'reilly.

Lol omg! I too purchased supper start battery from o riely less then two years ago and i find my self scrlling the web trying to determind if this is the "norm".

Then i find this "humorous" review that seemed to have been written with the same attitude I'm currently carrying....and about to go home and scrounge up another hundred dollars . Had battery lasted its average life span id not have to put a battery in car 2 times ....especially when cars value itself is 650!

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #1215216

Never by anything from orileys.

They will not warrenty anything period.

Rude employees don't want to wait on you if you have a product you bought from them.

As soonas they see you come in the door with a part you bought from their

Want A be sales person almost turn and run.

Auto zone & Advanced auto are real nice folks and really help you.