El Dorado, Kansas

As a former manager for oreillys I'm kinda stuck as to some of the complaints. Lets start in 1997 when

Related: Oreilly Auto Parts - O'Reilly Tips

i first started for O'Reillys it was a fun job and we

could actually help customers.

What people don't understand and not defending

is that most of the refund policies were put in effect

due to dishonest people who used bogus tickets for

refunds of stolen parts.

when you have thousand of stores you have to

take precautions such as if paid by check the check

gotta clear before refund (people were buying in one store returning at another for cash) check was stolen.

large cash sale refunds had to be ok'd and checked out.

It gets to be a pain but what do you do.

As the founding fathers of O'Reillys started retiring

the company went to sh#@ Quick

they started by finding ways to get rid of employees that had been there awhile and were making good money this way they could get 2 or three min wage workers.

i hired a few and got in trouble cause i looked for somebody who knew something not the work for nothing warm body they wanted.

there part suppliers are treated with the wal mart way of doing business " we dictate price Quality and if you don't you wont sell any parts in our stores".

All customers are a sale plain and simple

once they get the money you no longer matter

the district managers make monthly visits

it is always sales need to go up.

i could go on for hours but the point is

a good company got big and lost sight of basic customer service.

Review about: Former Manager.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Oreilly Auto Parts Manager
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Oreilly Auto Parts?

Comments

ted wize

:grin to curent mgr glad your enjoying your time at oreillys !!!see peaple,if you service your dm well, you too can have a carrier at oreilly :p

Current Manager

Sorry to hear about your bad experience as a store manager.So far for me it has been the best experience yet.

We take care of customers and take care of our employees that produce results. I used to work for Kragen before Oreillys took over. Before we had people that got paid the same even thought they didn't try hard to earn people trust and business. Know they are held accountable and if they cant come through, then they must move on to something else.

As far as the refunds, why loose a customer over one silly part when if you treat them right they will always come back and if it is truly a customer trying to fraud the company, sooner or later it will catch up to him.So just take care of the customers.

oldhr

ol chub would roll over the boys have let the company go to *** yes they grew the company but they killed the wonderful culture we enjoyed and were so proud of the way tms are treated is appaling as is the substandard wages they are paid mgrs are affraid to say anything and the only ones that move up are yes men brownnosers very sad indeed

current manager for O'reillys

@ SRM : Complaining in this case is making people aware of what kind of company it is.I for one dislike the company for the same reason as the poster.

They preach the "O'Reilly culture " to all the employees when it means nothing too all the upper management.

They act like they care about the "team members" (what they like to call their employees) when all they really care about is money.Fine I understand it a a business and we all want to make money, but dont pretend to be something your not.

too cool

read "O'REILLY IS NOT YOUR MOTHER" ON THIS SITE. Think about it..

Shane p.

I'm just a pissed off consumer!Oreilly's used to be the best place in Tulsa to get parts.

I'd go to the hub store before I'd trust anyone else. They've wasted my time for the last time! They can't seem to find the parts they say they have, get the parts they say they've ordered, or order the right friggin parts!

Then when I spent a bloody week wasting my time and money coming to this store to still not get my parts I didn't get so much as a simple apology.If I provided customer service like that at my job I'd be fired!

MAT

I HAVE WORKED AS A MANAGER FOR AUTOZONE AND NAPA BEFORE COMING TO OREILLY'S.OREILLYS BY FAR IS THE BETTER COMPANY.

CUSTOMER SERIVCE IS A REFLECTION OF MANAGEMENT. TRAINING IS A BIG ISSUE WITH POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. IF YOU HAVE A MANAGER WHO DOES NOT TRAIN PROPERLY, THE END RESULT IS POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE, HOWEVER THERE IS NO AUTOPART STORE OTHER THAN OREILLYS THAT GOES OUT OF THEIR WAY TO PURCHASE OEM PARTS IE.. OUTSIDE PURCHASE.

NO ONE IS PERFECT AND YOU CANNOT PLEASE EVERYONE. I WILL SAY THIS IF OREILLYS PAID A LITTLE MORE THEY WOULD GET QUALITY PEOPLE BEHIND THE COUNTER. THE OLD SAYING YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!! I ALSO WAS IN THE MILITARY FOR 7 YEARS AS A (RANGER) YOUR ATTITUDE REFLECTS YOUR LEADERSHIP.

COMMIMENT IS SOMETHING IS LACKING FROM A LOT OF MANAGERS!!BY OVER WORKING THEIR EMPLOYEES

to MAT #1147100

That's not enirely true.You can be a great manager and still get shafted.

Been there done that. I am not professing or backing your quote Ranger Experience. Rangers, don't mean *** to me and neither do Green Beret Seals Recon on Raiders. JSOC needs to lump that *** to one and get off the SOPS bandwagon.

Before you ask I did serve. I am a vet and that is you need to know Our unit often found many them to be lacking the brains needed to achieve in the Military but maybe you feel your an exception. Further more, training is null and void if your a bad teacher, do not know the process or have lacking products. Military type training does not work in the civilian world unless your company is ran by or contracted vets.

Lastly, my rant is a bit out of order in punctuation.

However, as to your all CAPS, and so forth, I will quote a book character named Nero Wolf." I resent your tone, your diction, your manners, and your methods" So get in the real game because your not on simulated battlefield any more.

Hannibal
to Anonymous Andover, Kansas, United States #1147103

Oh and Mat if you want to Jab back.Remember one thing.

Hannibal Ante Portus.I may reply.

MGR in NC

I do agree.The company has lost sight of what it was founded on.

Yes, I enjoy the managers conference every year, bit at what cost? I am a firm believer in promoting from within. However, my dm and rm are not. They believe in hiring from outside to pull in more business.

Yes, that may work..but usually at higher cost. No one in this area, other than a few select managers, still believe in wheat our culture is. You can never forget where you came from. If you do, it is either time to step down or find a new profession.

Money is the root of all evil and the root of a company's downfall if power is given to the wrong people.It' not all about money..it is about customer service.